Every Friday I will showcase one (or more) organizational products that I like, products that I use in my own home or have purchased for clients. Visit back each Friday for Friday’s Pick.
I was having a conversation with a new friend not too long ago about my Organizing business and I brought up the subject of Junk Drawers. Knowing that I am an organized person she was surprised that I had a junk drawer. Yes, even I have a junk drawer, but it is organized. A junk drawer is just a drawer where miscellaneous stuff and stuff that does not really have a home anywhere else ends up. It is also a place where we put stuff that comes into our home until we can find it a home…in other words, it is a place for stuff.
There are a lot of drawer organizers on the market right now, but my all time favorite junk drawer organizer is this one. Not only does it have a sliding top tray to give you even more organizational space, it comes with two sheets of sticker labels so that you can label the homes of various items.
I have not found this organizer at any local stores, oh sure, Target has some, but not with the stickers, and the stickers makes this go from a great junk drawer organizer to the ultimate junk drawer organizer. So, if you want one, you can find it at the Container Store, which I am not lucky enough to have in my area (are you?), so you can find the junk drawer organizer online here.
If you get one, I would love for you to e-mail me before and after pictures of your junk drawer. I will post them here on the @HOME BLOG.
Some tips for organizing your junk drawer:
1) Take a picture of your drawer for me.
2) Dump your drawer out onto your counter or table.
3) Throw away items that you know you will never use or you don’t know what they are.
4) Items that belong somewhere else, put them back in their home.
5) Put items in the compartments before labeling them.
6) Once everything has a home, put the labels on.
7) Enjoy the fruits of your labor and take pictures for me